Hello all we wanted to get some information out that was discussed at the last meeting.
- Team pictures are coming up! January 29th and 30th please ensure your athlete is in full uniform for practice. Hair in high pony with blue completion bow, no show sock, white (clean) cheer shoes. The time is set for 6:30pm (Tikis and Surfer Girls plan to stay late)
- There is a printed book at the gym of examples for the individual photo shoot (happening Feb 23rd/24th). These dates will be separate from the team photos (happening 29th,30th) and cost is $75 per athlete. Times slots will be set up on our website shortly to sign up on February 23rd between 11am-10pm and February 24th from 9:30 am – 4:00pm.
- We added a competition! This is a make up for the canceled January 21st competition. The event is March 24th at Rawhide Pavilion in Chandler. The name of the event is the Red Carpet Classic. You can find detailed information by downloading our CALENDAR to your phone (click the word calendar to upload)
- USASF – We have printed a roster at the gym (next to the front desk) please review the roster and find your athletes name. Highlight your athletes name once you have reviewed it. What you are looking for is the birth certificate. If you see Confirmed your good, Pending Confirmation your good, Not Uploaded please follow this link to find out how to upload a birth certificate. If you athlete is ineligible and someone challenges the routine it could disqualify us at a competition.
- Cowabunga Tryout Video: DisneylandPossible Disneyland Dates are: April 7 – March 16th – March 17thIf Disneyland Does Not accept then what? Competitions:
Feb 10th Jamfest
Feb 17th Desert Showdown
March 10th Aloha Spirit
March 24th Red Carpet Classic
April 7th Showcase
- Pipeline Update:Capri Set for Monday hair high pony and bow pictures will be taken at 6:30Pipeline performances:
Desert Showdown Feb 17th
Showcase April 7th
Banquet April 19th
Lastly check out this information if you are interested in trying to get scholarships for college!
Stunt and Tumble your way into a scholarship and COMPETE in College!!!
Acro/Tumbling Camp NEXT SUNDAY – Jan 28th – Only $150 – limited spots available. Be a part of the FIRST ACRO/Tumbling CAMP IN ARIZONA!!!!
Acrobatics and Tumbling is the fastest growing sport in colleges and universities throughout the US! There are now 22 schools that offer athletic programs in Acro and tumbling and most have athletic scholarship opportunities. Oregon, Baylor, AZUSA Pacific, HPU and many more offer full rides to All-Star cheerleaders, high school cheerleaders, level 9 and 10 elite gymnasts, and trampoline athletes all over the country. Check out www.thencata.org for a list of the schools and the top recruits for this year!
Former University of Oregon Coach, Chelsea Shaw, will be coming to AZ All-Stars on January 28th from 10am – 4pm to hold an acro/tumbling camp, a parent performance and a meet and greet which includes a Q&A from 4-5pm to learn how you can be on track for a possible college scholarship. Get on board with the coolest sport involving stunting and tumbling!!! Chelsea will also be doing private lessons on Saturday starting at 10am!!
Date – Sunday, January 28th from 10am-5pm (pizza lunch included)
ACRO AND TUMBLING CAMP – $150 for 6 hours – includes lunch and parent mini-meet/performance at 4/4:30pm and Acro Tumbling COLLEGE PREP presentation. Learn what it takes to get on track for a college scholarship. Register today! Open to all athletes (bases and flyers) interested in this amazing upcoming College sport!
CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME SPORT on YOUTUBE – CLICK HERE!!! – (go to 1:35 in the video to see the team competition)
Click here to register – limited spots available
AZ All-Stars – 1746 W Ruby Dr. #102 Tempe, AZ 85284